Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Can good DHEA levels be your missing link?

Was it mine? No I don’t think so. I had my DHEA levels tested (saliva test) and my levels were really good. Blah! I really wanted them to be low as this would have been an answer, but am grateful to have a normal lab test result, it’s been awhile! 
Many women with with POF have had been able to successfully get pregnant, but it's not for all of us.
DHEA is produced in the adrenal glands. It is often seen as the “hormone of youth”.
Many women with high FSH are low in DHEAAbout 2-10 percent of all women with POF have adrenal insufficiency, and among these women about 70 percent have adrenal cortex antibodies.
The Center for Human Reproduction in New York is having some wonderful success using DHEA for women with POF.

Another thing I would consider is magnesium oil. This is the only natural product I can find that has been proven to raise DHEA naturally. It’s estimated approximately 80% of us magnesium deficient, our soils are depleted of it. Could this be a major contributor to POF? In many of the articles and books I have read, low DHEA means low magnesium. 
It works much more quickly than taking magnesium orally. Transdermal application definitely seems the way to go. It definitely is a safe option, as you cannot over do it if taking magnesium through the skin. Taking too much orally can give you the runs! Here’s an interesting article on magnesium and DHEA, showing the power of magnesium oil.
I've been using magnesium oil for a month now, no side-effects at all, except when you rub into broken skin, oowww!

Any thoughts?

No comments: